Essential Question: What are the most important things to remember when observing your students? (Infographic)
Observations of our students can tell us a great deal about them and their learning processes. We are able to see their strengths and weaknesses and construct our instruction to best fit their needs. The most valuable times as a teacher tend to come when I give my students time to work on a project or assignment and I can walk through the room and observe them. We can have conversations about their process and I can give individual feedback right on the spot. Whether I am trying to learn more about my students or am looking for data to help guide my instruction, there is so much to learn from observations if they are done with purpose and intent.
Resources:
Emory University School of MedicineSOM – OPEX. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://med.emory.edu/opex/preceptors/tips/observation-evaluation.html
Jablon, J. (NA). Taking It All In; Observation in the Classroom. Teaching Young Children Vol. 4 No. 2. Retrieved from https://www.isbe.net/Documents_KIDSWebsiteResources/Taking%20it%20all%20in.pdf
Observations of our students can tell us a great deal about them and their learning processes. We are able to see their strengths and weaknesses and construct our instruction to best fit their needs. The most valuable times as a teacher tend to come when I give my students time to work on a project or assignment and I can walk through the room and observe them. We can have conversations about their process and I can give individual feedback right on the spot. Whether I am trying to learn more about my students or am looking for data to help guide my instruction, there is so much to learn from observations if they are done with purpose and intent.
Resources:
Emory University School of MedicineSOM – OPEX. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://med.emory.edu/opex/preceptors/tips/observation-evaluation.html
Jablon, J. (NA). Taking It All In; Observation in the Classroom. Teaching Young Children Vol. 4 No. 2. Retrieved from https://www.isbe.net/Documents_KIDSWebsiteResources/Taking%20it%20all%20in.pdf

Looks like a great method.
ReplyDelete